Find helpful information and tips from the many questions already asked by Faculty using Canvas.
To use Turnitin, go to your course.
Click on Assignments
Click on the Assignment you want to use Turnitin with
Click on Edit
In the Submission Type section, change the drop-down to "External Tool"
Click the "Find" button
In the Configure External Tool, scroll down to Turnitin, click it so it's highlighted, then click "Select"
Configure any other settings needed for your Assignment.
Then click "Save" at the bottom of the page to update the setting on the Assignment.
You can also use the above steps when creating a new assignment.
Once you add Turnitin as an External Tool, you will get a user agreement that you must accept to use Turnitin.
You will then see the Turnitin Assignment Inbox, from there click Settings.
Use the Edit Assignment Settings to change the Max Grade and Dates.
Use the Optional settings to change other Turnitin settings.
The error results from "Student View" being is a system account, which does not have a valid email address.
First you need to enable the feature, it is not shown in the following guide, but it is found in the same location, listed as "Enable Dashboard Images for Courses".
Once enabled you add an image using the following info;
- Go to www.socccd.edu
- On the left side, under Quick Links click on Employee Directory
- Enter new employee First Name and Last Name
- If a new hire process was complete, you will an employee name, title, and email address
- Left part of the email address before the @ sign represents the network user name to be used to login to campus computers and campus systems
- Default password is set to the last 4 digits of a social security number and 00 (sample format XXXX00)
- Click on Tools
- Under Edit Page Design click on Header and Footer, then click Add Header and Footer
- Click on Page Number and Date Format
- Select appropriate format option
- Click into desired header or footer area and then click Insert Page Number button
- If you need to add any other static information to your header or footer, you can simply type it in the area where you’d like it to appear.
- Change Margins setting if you need to move your text up/down or to the sides:
- Click OK
- Click on Configuration gear on the top right corner of the screen
- Click on Miscellaneous tab in the pop up window
- Uncheck "Do not Print" under Appointment Confirmations
- Select "Small Label" under Configuration Printing Drop down list
- Click OK
- Find and open appointment you need to print
- When appointment popup screen comes up click "Reprint Confirmation"
- Select DYMO Printer connected to your machine
- Click "Print"
Submit a Service Desk (KACE) ticket to IVC IT to request Guest WiFi access at least business 3 days prior to your event.
In the ticket provide the event name, along with the date and time of the event.
Once your request has been approved, you will be provided with instructions to access the IVCW_GUEST wireless network.